Exhaust air chimneys
Big Dutchman offers an extensive product line of exhaust air chimneys and corresponding chimney fans to ensure that exhaust air extraction is ideally aligned with the animals’ needs. Thanks to the flow optimised chimneys, the fan’s air performance improves while power consumption is reduced.
The fans with sickle-shaped blades used in the chimneys are of a very high quality. The blades are made of aluminium in a moulded diecasting process and are therefore absolutely winter-proof and resistant to corrosion. Due to their aerodynamic shape, they save more energy, are more resistant to pressure and produce less noise than traditional fans. The following chimneys and exhaust air principles can be used:
- CL 600 and CL 820 exhaust air chimneys
- wall chimneys
- MultiStep®, Dynamic MultiStep and DynamicAir control principles
- BD exhaust air chimneys VC
- centralised exhaust air extraction
CL 600 and CL 820 – the originals for climate pros
The exhaust air chimneys of our CL series have been in use for more than 25 years. They have proven their worth hundreds of thousands of times and come with the following exceptional characteristics:
- aerodynamic design for efficient air extraction;
- made of polypropylene and with a smooth, dirt-repellent surface for high stability;
- insensitive to sunlight and frost and therefore very durable;
- easy to clean with a high-pressure cleaner;
- labyrinth seal installed between roof duct and roof sheet for watertightness;
- no additional sealing material required;
- the self-supporting design means that supplementary suspension or bracing is unnecessary;
- roof sheet and external ducts are made of GRP to allow for adjustments on site;
- the roof sheet is supplied according to roof slope and profile, side or ridge installation, height above roof and colour of the roof;
- easy to assemble and to dismantle;
- the CL 74 actuator closes the chimney securely or reduces the volume flow exactly as required for minimum ventilation.
Guide vane for CL 600 and CL 820
The guide vane is simply screwed tightly to the exhaust air chimney, right above the fan. The exhaust air jet is concentrated by deviating the radial and circular air flow control components. This leads to a significantly increased working range of the chimney. The guide vane can be retrofitted easily.
- up to 80 percent increased working range of the chimney;
- only minimal decrease (approx. 3 percent) of the chimney’s air extraction performance;
- no chimney extension required, i.e. no storm bracing and no unattractive outward appearance of the barn;
- economic alternative to a chimney extension;
- quick and easy assembly.
CL 600 and CL 820 exhaust air chimneys for wall installation
The CL 600 and CL 820 exhaust air chimneys are well suited for installation into a gable end or side wall. Compared to simple wall fans, wall chimneys can control the exhaust air volume flow very exactly thanks to the motor-driven shutter, especially with minimum ventilation.
They are also less susceptible to wind. The exhaust air volume can thus be aligned more accurately with the animals’ actual needs. For space and weight reasons, a diffusor is not part of the standard equipment, but can be ordered optionally.
ECblue fans not only save energy but are also extremely resistant to pressure and thus less susceptible to wind. This stability is very important when using minimum ventilation. This is because strong winds have extreme effects on the minimum ventilation concept, especially regarding the animal’s well-being and the heating costs. The noise level of the ECblue fans is also approx. 50 percent lower than that of standard fans.
ECblue is powered by an external-rotor EC motor. When using these fans in combination with Dynamic MultiStep, you can save up to 75 percent in electricity costs compared to traditional systems!
- very high energy-saving potential;
- high efficiency in the entire speed range;
- universal activation via a 0-10 V analogue signal;
- pre-set ventilation level is precisely maintained due to the included speed feedback;
- very low noise level thanks to corrugated blade edges;
- easy and cost-efficient installation.
MultiStep® combines stepless control and group control. The principle’s advantage is a significant reduction in energy consumption while the same air performance can be maintained: compared to Triac-controlled ventilation concepts, annual savings of up to 50 percent are possible.
The entire ventilation system is more pressure-stable and less susceptible to wind. The climate computer controls just one exhaust air chimney steplessly from 0 to 100 percent and only starts up additional chimneys at full capacity (on/off method) when required.
The enhanced version of the well-proven MultiStep principle is called “Dynamic MultiStep”. This system works exclusively with the new ECblue fans that save even more energy. Instead of starting at 100 percent speed, these fans begin working as early as 30 percent.
Only after all fans have been started one after another at 30 percent is their speed increased simultaneously to 100 percent when the ventilation demand requires this. Compared to the already very energy-efficient MultiStep solution, the power consumption of the new Dynamic MultiStep control principle is another 50 percent lower! The climate computer is responsible for controlling this system as well.
The DynamicAir principle was invented to optimise the air exchange in livestock houses even further. Especially with minimum ventilation, it is very important to know exactly how much air passes through the exhaust air chimney to be able to provide optimal climate conditions for the animals and to reduce the heating costs at the same time.
- very accurate recording of the air rate of exhaust air chimneys without any additional mechanical/moving components;
- reduction of heating costs thanks to precise minimum ventilation;
- suitable for both new buildings and for retrofitting*;
- long service life at a continuously high operational reliability.
* only in combination with the 307pro, 310pro and
ViperTouch climate computers
BD exhaust air chimneys VC
BD exhaust air chimneys are available with several different diameters and can therefore be adapted to any ventilation concept and spacing of roof trusses.
They are made of 30 mm thick polyurethane pipes coated with smooth, glass-fibre reinforced polyester. This means that all BD chimneys are well-insulated, condensation water is prevented and noise is reduced.
The chimney pipes are delivered in halves (VC) and are assembled on site, thus saving transport costs. They are, however, also available as full pipes (AF). A roof sheet seals all chimneys.
Centralised exhaust air extraction
Reducing emissions from livestock houses will continue to become more important in the future. In some countries, authorities already require that the exhaust air be extracted at one central point (bundled), and that this point of exit be installed at a height of no less than 10 metres. A bundled emission source works like a large chimney with a stable air flow.
- separation of animal area and exhaust air tower for significantly improved hygienic conditions;
- no leaking air caused by idle fans;
- no openings for unwanted leakage of rain water into the building;
- no undesired incidence of light;
- thorough and easy cleaning of tower and chimneys with a high-pressure cleaner, separately from the barn;
- no problems with the static values of the roof;
- simple installation of the chimneys on the tower;
- no stability problems with strong winds.